Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Glacier Story of the Day!




I love this picture we took it on the side of the road leaving Alaska. I pulled over and set my camera up on the hood of my car . . . my mini tripod broke so I had to use something to balance my camera on. My purse was just the right size to balance the camera so I pressed it down on the front end of the car and took the picture. We drove off and less than a mile down the road ~ a very winding and steep cliffs into rushing rivers road ~ we see a white thing fly up and hit the front window and fly over the car and land in the road. I thought was a trash bag or a grocery bag it happened so fast. I said "what was that" and wanted to turn around . . . Jacquelyn knowing the narrow road said don't turn around. Cole looks out the back window at what landed in the road and says "That was your purse mom!" . . . can you imagine? !!!! seriously can you imagine??!! We may have become permanent residents of Alaska . . . fishing for salmon for dinner . . . no ID, money, credit cards . . . that could have been really ugly!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you are headed back already. How many miles so far? What an awesome trip. I loved the glacier picture. Cheers to everyone, you too Cole ;-)

    ReplyDelete